Monday, 8 March 2010

Not only music is art

This Hauptwerk needs a change in direction. Not that I'm unhappy with its content—I'm just unhappy with how often I manage to update it. At the same time, however, I often find myself wanting to write about other things and having no platform where to express such musings.

Often I've wanted to write about particular museums, or particular paintings, or artists. With Yves Klein I managed by using his symphony, but in general this trick can be hard to pull. So from now on I will also be writing about visual arts in general, and describe recent visits to museums, probably with accompanying pictures. I will try to keep an informative prose, rather than critical.

One other type of art which I want to cover is culinary art. (Due to my inherent lack of knowledge in this field, I might unfortunately be more critical than informative on this.) What motivates me to write about culinary is that recently I have been frequenting well-respected establishments for fine dining, and realized that I want to keep a log on what I eat, where, and how. And why not share that log with the rest of the world?

In any case, I can certainly imagine that not all of these themes are of the interest to all of my readers, namely since the current readers are here probably just because of modern classical music. So, from now on, each post will be properly tagged/labelled so you can view only what interests you: music, concerts, visual arts, culinary, etc. There is a list of labels on the right side.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite blogs cover a variety of topics (e.g. www.asympotia.com), so I'll be happy to keep reading no matter where you take us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jude. Your blog seems interesting too, you have a new reader ;-)

    ReplyDelete